The list of the 24 books long-listed for the 2017-18 Award is now available here
The books submitted for the 2017-18 Children's Award are now available here
The pictures on this site are presented as quite small images. Click on any picture to see a bigger version.
2016/17 Winners announced
The winner, decided by ballot at the meeting on 23rd June, is Harry Parker for his novel "Anatomy of a Soldier"
Children's Award winner
The winner of the 2016-17 Children's Award is Laurel Remington for her book "The Secret Cooking Club"
Some extras for fun
In the dark days of January and February, browse some readers' comments on the books and a few statistics about the books and their authors. Click here for a page of trivia
Every year the residents of Waverton make an award to the best British debut novel published in the previous 12 months.
Events and meetings
The schedule of speaker dates for this year (2017/18) is:
- Tues 19 Sept 2017 - The speaker was Rose McGinty, author of "Electric Souk". See report under Events
- Tues 28 Nov 2017 - The speaker was Annabelle Thorpe, author of last year's runner-up "The People We Were Before"
- Tues 16 Jan 2018 - Long listing meeting. The speaker was Keith Stuart, author of "A Boy Made of Blocks"
- Tues 27 Mar 2018 - Short listing meeting. The speaker will be Robert Parker, local author of the thriller "A Wanted Man"
- Tues 26 June 2018 - Voting meeting. Karen Ankers will speak about her novel "The Crossing Place", which is set in Chester
Meetings are at 7.30pm in Burley Hall, Old Waverton. All are welcome: £3 on the door.