Events and meetings
Key dates for next year's award:
- 31st August 2017 – last date for submissions
- September 2017 – books distributed to reviewers
- January 2018 – long list of 20 books drawn up
- March 2018 – short list of 5 agreed
- June 2018 – Voting and announcement of winner
- October 2018 – Presentation dinner for winning author as part of Chester’s Literature Festival
The schedule of speaker dates for next year (2017/18)
- Tue 19 Sept '17 - The speaker was Rose McGinty, author of "Electric Souk". For report see this year's events.
- Tue 28 Nov '17 - The speaker will be Annabelle Thorpe, author of last year's runner-up "The People We Were Before"
- Tue 16 Jan '18 - (Note new date) Long listing meeting; The speaker is to be announced
- Tue 27 Mar '18 - Short listing meeting; The speaker is to be announced
- Tue 26 Jun '18 - Voting meeting; The speaker is to be announced
A report on the most recent talks will be found under this year's events. Previous years' events are reported under each year.
The 2017 award was presented to Harry Parker at the Dinner on Friday 20th October 2017. A report and some pictures can be found under This Year's Events